Push Notifications is the next big thing in Internet Marketing industry with a variety of user base already. Since the push notifications introduced, it was initially used by marketers to send notification about their products and customers. Now the push notifications are being used a medium to reach potential customers and advertise.
Do note: This post is meant for Publishers more than Advertisers, i.e, the owner of inventory.
Before beginning to mention the monetisation methods, I would like to cover up some of the very important points you should take care of.
- DO NOT SPAM – Never Spam Push Notification users, Its pretty much true that majority of users have no idea about unsubscribing from you but spamming will only result ad blindness.
- Filter users topic based – Keep different campaigns for different type of topics. Its simple as that. Why would a user interested in electronics would like to read about Donald Trump’s affair ?
- Be creative – Be as much creative as you can while sending these notifications.
- DO NOT MISLEAD – Misleading does help in making quick money but it will destroy your user base. You can always make better money if did rightly
- FCM Details: Make sure the platform you’re using offers to keep your own FCM details. This will make it feasible for you to move subscribers from one platform to another. Will do share details on this later on (Do let me know if you want to learn that in comments).
Methods to Monetise Push Notifications
- AdSense: AdSense is probably the easiest method to monetise Push Notifications. This method is recommended for people having users from Entertainment industry. Since these type of users didn’t performed better in direct targetings.Although you’re not going to get enough money just by relying on AdSense. So addition to the AdSense you would definitely want to try out method #6, which is to do barter and sale of users.
- Amazon Affiliate: Amazon Affiliate is one of the greatest way to monetise unclaimed buyer traffic. This method essentially works for those who have niche based websites focused on one product. There are some simple tips you may want to followMaintain Surprise element – Make sure your user opens up the page.Use Words like – DEAL, OFFER, LIGHTNING DEAL etc.. These are words generally used by Amazon and have a great impact.Use images and hide the actual product price – This will help user open the page and Amazon, there is a good chance he will order something.Shorten URLs with Pretty Links (Or any other plugin/ shortener): This will help in bringing certainty of getting commission as affiliate programs around the world generally don’t promote blank refers.
- Affiliate Network Offers: Affiliate Networks around the world generally have a ton of offers based on User Location or Spending Capacity. You can simply try your luck with offers with great EPC.My Experience: I promoted some of MaxBounty offers to over 7000 subscribers. There are around 2-3 conversions daily with 4-8% CTR. Although the money was good for 7000 subscribers but eventually people stopped opening up my link. I would not do that again for sure.
- e-Commerce Promotion: Facebook Pixel is an expensive deal when you’re gonna need to retarget the same customers. Push Notifications is a simple solutions to this. You can just send notification to each and every user about other products with simply least effort, it’s a win-win deal.You’re going to get Lifetime Value out of each and every subscriber visiting your website.Recommendation: Don’t forget to add Push Notifications banner on your page it will speed up your conversions. Additionally to get your dormant users back, do make different campaigns for every event.
- Barter and Leasing Options: Getting a lot of traffic with low ticket price could be a pain in a**, data costs are huge for keep running the subscriber base. As a solution many services are offering barter and leasing options to you, a quick glimpse of services offeredFree unlimited subscribers – You will not have to pay a single penny
Your FCM – You can have your FCM, but bounded to a contract.
White Label Campaigns – Since some of the brands have highly trusted user-base, they use only white label campaigns.So much for free, What’s the deal ?
You must know that AdSense hosts ads on their own server and it’s not free. It takes 32-49% commission of the overall ads served. Here the service will also charge the advertiser such costs.Will you receive the share: Yes, you will receive the earnings and you will be able to send your campaigns at the same time.Some of the recommended options (I am NOT affiliated to any of the mentioned company in any manner, nor receiving any commission from them): iZooto (Trusted by biggest Indian Publishers including Network 18, Indian Express), PushCrew, Pusher (Absolute Great Features).
- Email List Building: For those who don’t know about email list building thing yet, many guys around the world build their entire fortune on this simple thing. You can easily use the push notifications to grab such emails and use them for remarketing. (Do let me know if you want a webinar on this, I may be able to get some expert)
That’s all for now Folks, more than 800 words of work on monetising push notifications, do share the article – will help me sharing more amazing stuff in future. For real case studies – Do join Earning Labs Forum and attend Earning Labs Workshops and Mastermind.